About UsThrough our global network of investors and entrepreneurs, we catalyse purpose-driven entrepreneurs, build impactful businesses and unlock investments in emerging and frontier markets.
- Catalyst – Advocate and influence policy direction with governments and international donors on behalf of entrepreneurs
- Community – Support development of entrepreneurial ecosystems and build linkages between stakeholders
- Capacity – Enable entrepreneurs to become investment-ready and scale through mentoring and technical assistance
- Capital – Engage investors and facilitate access to early-stage finance
- Consulting – Support multinationals and other stakeholders to engage impact enterprises in their supply chain
Scale for Success
This programme supports high-potential entrepreneurs in East Africa to scale their businesses through expert coaching, technical expertise and access to early stage finance. Read here for more information.
Transformational Business Network (TBN) was founded in 2003 by Kim Tan and Stuart McGreevy, seasoned entrepreneurs and investors who wanted to shift the development paradigm from aid to enterprise. Since then TBN has grown into an international movement and leveraged its network of more than 2,000 members across 7 countries. That's enabled us to create over 1,500 jobs, supported 67 entrepreneurs to scale their businesses and unlocked more than £55m in investment - and we are just getting started.
Our network have provided seed and Series A funding to award-winning social enterprises such as Agape (Singapore), Sanergy (Kenya), Silulo Technologies (South Africa) and Bridge International Academies (Kenya).
Started at a time of civil unrest and violence, Bawa Hope is the ultimate example of light shining in darkness. Hope was restored, in the form of a business.
Zana Africa was founded out of the desire to meet a critical need in Kenya. Seeing a systemic lack of access to safe, affordable menstrual products or related health education for 4 in 5 girls and women across East Africa, Megan sought to change this radically.
The Batam Sewing Project
At the project, women learn to sew school uniforms, which are then supplied to MBB and other local schools.
Read how Josephine founded Olivelink Healthcare to make quality healthcare services available to a community that lives on less than a dollar a day.
Nurturing skills of members of the community, giving them a chance at employment and entrepreneurship.
We believe in the potential of entrepreneurs to lead with integrity, to scale their businesses exponentially and to create jobs and prosperity for all.
Our community is based on values and our entrepreneurs commit to living these and embedding them in their businesses.
As a Transformational business leader, I recognise my purpose is to serve my community and utilise my business to lift people out of poverty and create a better world.
Therefore, using my God-given talents, I promise that:
- I will lead with humility, integrity and compassion.
- I will steward my business wisely to create prosperity for present and future generations.
- I will refrain from corruption, unfair competition, or business practices harmful to society.
- I will report the performance and risks of my business accurately and honestly.
- I will take an active role in the flourishing of my employees and the communities in which I operate.
- I will minimise the environmental footprint of my business and nurture the environment.
- I will remain accountable to my peers, this transformational community and to society for my actions and for upholding these standards.
This pledge I make freely, and upon my honor.